2010 is coming to a close, this year has been incredible. I am so grateful for all the opportunities that made me grow into a better person and also to help me realize this is my calling, this is what I am meant to do in life.
This December has been a month of rest and solitude. I have taken time to reflect and simply enjoy the routines of life. It's been great, but I can't wait to get back into the gist of things and I am going to be so run down and tired, but at least I know I would have a smile on my face at the end of the exhausting week.
I've so far written my 'resolutions', I call it a to do list because resolutions are things I usually forget to keep but a to-do list seems more urgent, thus so far, this is my list. It's simple, efficient and achievable. 2011 is such an exciting time for me, i look forward to it greatly.
2011 to do list (pending)
- Submit to the annual National Geographic Photography Contest
- submit to World Nomads Photography Travel Scholarship.
- submit to Doug Moran Contemporary Photographic Contest
- submit to CCP Kodak Salon
- Volunteer/get a job at CCP to set up galleries/admin work
- Dabble in Film Photography, hopefully to buy a medium format camera (Mamiya 645 AF is what I am aiming for)
- Establish a relationship with a printing lab
- Travel to least 3 countries, and least 3 different states of Australia
- Get my website up & running and create business cards (anyone know of a graphic designer?)
- Be published in a newspaper
- Seriously do a 365 days photo a day and finish it. (I am such a slacker)
- Get up at least 3 times a week before sunrise.
- Keep going to Carrical & start going to Canterbury Housing.
- Work as a Photographer with the Community Newspaper.
- Join a Photography Community online to gain feedback from peers all around the world.
long term goals
- to do an internship at Associated Press, NYC, which I hope would gain me a permanent position at AP Press.
- be content & happy with where I'm headed and who I am.