Tuesday, January 25, 2011

41. i swear at that moment we were infinite

I apologize, dear readers, for my bitter post previously. I got a little mad at the world, at my circumstance. It's ironic because a couple days later, here I am, feeling grateful for what I have, rather than angry for what I don't have.

I complained about having unreliable friends. Today, I'm grateful for the few I do have, and for the few I am in process of making. I am grateful for my family as dysfunctional as they are. I am very happy with who I am today and this journey I am partaking.

Last night, I completed a book I have been meaning to read for a while since my childhood friend, Amelia quoted it in her blog a few years back. It's called The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It is such a simple book but filled with all these amazing little things about life. It stripes everything that complicates life down to its bare naked core. It put me back in my place, in the right mindset.

Thank you Charlie for your wise words

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them. " - Charlie in 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'




p.s I happen to love being a wallflower :)

1 comment:

  1. "There’s something about that tunnel that leads to downtown. It’s glorious at night. Just glorious. You start on one side of the mountain, and it’s dark, and the radio is loud. As you enter the tunnel, the wind gets sucked away, and you squint from the lights overhead. When you adjust to the lights, you can see the other side in the distance just as the sound of the radio fades because the waves just can’t reach. Then, you’re in the middle of the tunnel, and everything becomes a calm dream. As you see the opening get closer, you just can’t get there fast enough. And finally, just when you think you’ll never get there, you see the opening right in front of you. And the radio comes back even louder than you remember it. And the wind is waiting. And you fly out of the tunnel onto the bridge. And there it is. The city. A million lights and buildings and everything seems as exciting as the first time you saw it. It really is a grand entrance."

    We are in the middle of the tunnel, Esther. Someday we'll be on the other side, and everything we see will be exciting, like the first time we'd ever seen it...

    ReplyDelete